Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Monday, September 15, 2014

The Romance of Paris

Hi bow makers!  The theme this month is pearls and lace.  My style has not generally taken me in this direction, but now that I've tried it, I LOVE using pearls, lace and ribbon!  It seems the more you add to a project like this, the better it looks.  We were given a very wide piece of lace to work with this month which was a challenge in and of itself.  What to do?  Well my first thought was to place this lace flat over a piece of cream card stock -- looked too bare, so I added the embossed edge on the right.  Then everything evolved.  I created a "rose" from gauze and placed paper roses, pearls and leaves in the center.  Next was the yummy bow created on my Craft-Dee BowZ tool using seam binding (love this stuff!).  The addition of the crocheted lace and pearl ribbon underneath the rose gave it more depth.  The final additions were tiny seed pearls and larger ones placed strategically where there seemed to be "empty" space and then I embossed the eiffel tower and place that in the corner.  The obvious layers were added and the card completed.





I hope you enjoy this quick tutorial.  And, really, give pearls and lace a try, but not without your Craft-Dee BowZ tool! :)

Donna