Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Valentine card

                                                                              HI

Its Tracey here with my January Inspiration card for you. The theme for this month at CraftDee-Bowz is Valentine's Day  Instead of my favourite style of card  [fussy and girly ] I decided to challenge myself to make a more clean and simple  Valentine card..  still using traditional heart embellishments ..I think it is nice to try something that takes you out of your comfort zone now and again  and Clean and Simple style is always a challenge for me !!.
I used an 8x8 plain square white card base. I matted a piece of red cardstock on top leaving a small border around it. The white layer of cardstock was scored across at 1cm intervals vertically and horizontally to make a grid effect. I used scalloped square dies to make the red mats to sit each heart on. The hearts were made using various dies and  I made each heart embellishment slightly different to add  a bit more  interest. The two white hearts feature a  cute little heart charm and a love stamp that were included in my DT pack this month .The sentiment was computer generated and I finished the design using the  pretty checked ribbon  also from my DT pack. I made a four looped bow adding a pearl buckle slider which was very easy to make using my Fabulous CraftDee-Bowz bow maker.

                                                                   Featured tool
                                                               CraftDee-Bowz  bow maker
I hope you like my Valentine card and that you will come and join in the fun with our January challenge themed as always "Anything goes with a handmade bow "You could be the lucky winner of a gorgeous 25yd reel of ribbon
                                                              
                                                             Happy crafting
                                                                    Tracey x